Sunday, March 15, 2009

A new life for a pretty tea cup

Its always fun to find something that has a couple of flaws and turn it into something really pretty and useful. When I found this bluebird teacup on etsy, I fell in love with the tiny pink roses and the sweet bluebirds. It had a little bit of paint missing from the rim and no matching saucer, but I knew it would fashion into a lovely pin cushion.

I gathered up a bunch of vintage chenille, new and vintage ribbons, buttons, lace and rick rack. I really never know how it one of these will turn out, but that is part of the fun!

Viola! A sweet bluebird pin cushion! I added more embellishments including a hand rolled ribbon rose and more buttons. I forgot to add the 3 ribbon rose straight pins when I took pics, but they are shown in the first picture

I will be offering this not too shabby, and very sweet pincushion on my website Marionberry Cottage. This also makes a perfect gift for one who quilts, does embroidery or sews!

5 comments:

My Vintage Studio said...

Your pin cushion creation is so pretty! Love the cup design.

Lola Enchanted said...

Wonderful job!!! Very pretty and most creative!

English Cottage in Georgia said...

0oh and aah..."sew" pretty. What a creative woman you are :-)

Allidink said...

Oh my, you are so clever! That is great. I would have just passed it up. It is so pretty!

All the best,
Allison

Tee said...

Love your site. I found it via My Vintage Studio.
I on a team for a new group called Vintage Flaire. We'd love to swap links with you!!
I've already posted your site under Vintage Links.
http://vintageflaire.ning.com