Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Featured Shop ~Sassytrash - Nancy~





Meet Nancy!
Welcome to Sassytrash! I have always been interested in repurposing vintage treasures into new creations-- especially making hall stands out of vintage wood panel doors, mirrors, and architectural finds. I also love to work with old lamp parts, wire, metal, ephemera, fabrics, and well, just everything vintage! When you pick up a treasure, however humble, that has been around for so many years, some would wish it could tell of the people it has known, the places it has been, and the eras it has survived, and others would, without a thought, discard it. How awesome to be a part of the unique sorority of talented sisters who love and work with “old things”, and how extraordinary a time to be able to share ourselves through our blogs. I have only been a blogger for a few months, but it has so expanded my work, my friendships, and my world. I used to be rather embarrassed by what I did, never being quite able to explain it, but what a relief to find kinship with others who understand. We are the original recyclers, waiting for the world to catch up.Currently, I am located at the Lakewood 400 Antique Show in Cumming, GA- every third weekend of the month. Please stop by 453 in Hall G and visit sometime. http://www.sassytrash.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

lorhen82 said...

I love this kind of stuff! It's so unique, and who wants what everyone else has anyway???

I'm looking forward to seeing all of your future projects!

I just recently started a blog a couple of days ago. When I get my studio completed at home, I will start trying my hand at some crafts that I hope to share (if they're any good!). So please come by and visit me at http://beforethestrokeofmidnight.blogspot.com/

Thanks!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy,
I'm certain you don't remember me, but I bought the cutest photo holder from you at Lakewood last month....I LOVE it! Just a note to tell you how much I love all your wonderful creations!! Can't imagine that you were ever not totally proud of your work, because it's all absolutely gorgeous! Some people may not "get it", but there are loads of us that do "get ! Keep up the creative work.
Hugs,
Sandra B.
skblanks@yahoo.com

Jacque said...

I related to your post, I had a store for 18 years mostly stocked with repurposed treasures and re-creations, I was located in a high traffic tourist area where all the other shops were fancy with all the latest "Gift show Trends" At times I would feel strange about what I sold until I became very successful and a lot of the other shops tried to follow, thankfully unless you are a true "junker" they just couldn't pull it off! The abilitiy to see and make something out of nothing is a talent, enJOY your talent! You have great stuff, Thanks Jacque

Antiques In Old Town said...

Nancy , I LOVE your Sassytrash ! Can't wait for Lakewood to see your new CREATIONS...